Friday, March 9, 2012

IT'S TIME TO GET PLANTING

Today was very warm out.  It seems like Spring is here! 

Of course when I think of Spring I thing of flowers and growing veggies so I can them.

Then it dawned on me, today was Tomato mania at Rogers Gardens in Newport Beach.  It's when they bring in over 150 different type of tomato plants and it starts the planting season.

I just couldn't hold back.  I got in my car and drove right there!

I love, love, love to go to Rogers Gardens.  It is always so pretty.  When you walk in you see nothing but beauty.  It's not a normal nursery at all.

They have got the most beautiful and healthy plants I've ever seen.  I adore how they display them as if you were in a lovely garden setting.  With water fountains, statutes, benches and more.

I fell in love with this planter that is in the shape of a heart.  Isn't it just darling!  You can buy the pot alone or already loaded with colorful flowers. 


I'm a sucker for hanging flowers.  But when I saw these wonderful baskets I actually gasped.  They are so unique and different. 

They have lots of flowers displayed in color themes and that makes it so pleasing to the eye.

Everywhere you look you see perfectly maintained plants for sale and believe me, you could walk around here for hours and not get tired of looking at things.

There is one thing you won't find at Rogers Gardens that you do find at most other nurseries though. 

What is it?  Dead leaves, flowers and withered plants.  Nope, each one is healthy and green.  Like they just got delivered.  They really do take wonderful care of their plants.

They also have a yummy gourmet section that is full of sauces, dips, jams, syrup and more.  I've tried several things here and everyone was so good.

It's a great place to go and pick up something different for dinner.

They also have a lot of cookbooks that you won't find in your every day stores.

I love the marshmallow one.  I wonder if they will become the new Cake Pops?
So, are you wondering what I bought?  Why tomatoes,tomatoes and more tomatoes!  After all, it's was tomato mania :)
I also got some herbs.
 
I got 8 different types of tomatoes.  I can't wait until they are ready to pick.  I'll be canning lots of salsa and sauces this year!  YUM!

I can't believe I forgot to take photos of all the tomato plants.  I guess I was to busy reading about all of them and picking out the ones I wanted. 

4 comments:

Anita Diaz said...

What a wonderful place!! I would go crazy with overload wanting everything. We are a while away from planting anything, but I'm thinking about it! It's been so warm, but I know we will get at least one or two more freezes before spring really kicks in.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

We're all so ready for spring to roll in here in Ohio. It's been a mild winter but cold non the less.
The flowers look so refreshing and full of color!

Have a great weekend! hugs, Sherry

Stephanie said...

I'm jealous of all those lovely flowers. It sure is coming, but not yet here in NY. I can't complain much as we had a mild winter, but I miss having my lunch outside and soaking up a little vitamin D!

Southern Elle said...

I LOVE Rogers Gardens.. it's one of my favorite places to go walk around.

Glad I found your cute blog today!