Friday, December 16, 2011

THE PARTY WAS LOTS OF FUN

I love to throw parties for my girl scout troop.  So, Christmas time was a perfect reason to throw a party. 

Last year our theme was Gingerbread.  This year I went with Christmas Penguins. 

It wasn't that easy to find cute Christmas Penguin table decor.  So, I went to Etsy.  I found Frog Prince Paperie and lots of cute items to download.

The table was set and looked cute.  I didn't go overboard like I often like to do.  We only had a short time together so I kept it simple.

This guy was our little mascot. 

We ate dinner that we had brought in from a wonderful family owned restaurant.

After eating the girls made some darling ornaments to hang on their tree at home.

The girls in my troop love to do crafts so the ornaments was a lot of fun for them to do.

After crafts they did a gift exchange with each other.

I brought gifts for the girls and put them in these darling felt sacks.  I was going to send them home with the girls but they really wanted to open them up at the party.  Of course, I gave in and let them have them.

The sacks were full of cute little things.  All with the Christmas penguin theme.

For dessert, we had cupcakes, peppermint ice cream and a star shaped sugar cookie.

The girls went home, full, happy and loaded down with gifts. 

It was a fun time and lots of memories were made.  Now I need to decide what next years theme will be.  Any ideas?

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Your troop is lucky to have YOU for a leader. Even your "simple" is fabulous!♥♫