Saturday, August 28, 2010

GIVE ME SOME PEANUTS AND CRACKER JACKS...



Most of you know by now that I'm a new Girl Scout Leader. So far, I love it! I love the girls. I love the activities and I love all the fun things we are doing.



Like this weekend we were invited to attend the Angel game.



Nothing like a good ol' baseball game to make it really feel like summer time.



The Angels were kind enough to invite the Girl Scout Troops to not only watch the game but to also walk in a Banner Parade ahead of the game starting.

My girls were so excited about doing this. To be honest I was too.



There were over 700 Girl Scouts that met up in the parking lot of the Angel Stadium waiting to line up with their Troop for the parade.



Each Troop was to carry their Troop Banner. This is our Banner. I was worried about what we were going to have for our banner.

At first the girls were going to make one. They had started on one before I took over. However, it wasn't going to be the best quality and the girls were not happy with how it was going to turn out.

We were lucky enough to have my sister, Maureen, donate the funds to order a professional one made for our Troop.

The girls were so thrilled with this banner and was proud to walk the field holding it.



As we walked into the area where the players walk out onto the field, the excitement grew even greater. We could hear the people cheering on the girls and we couldn't wait to get going.



Once on the field the music started to play loudly, the announcer told everyone the Girl Scouts were on the field and the girls waved to the crowd.

It was so fun to be down on the playing area. This was a first for me. I didn't think it was any big deal but once we were out there and walking by the players who stood on the side watching us, it hit me. This was cool!



We even made shirts for the girls to wear that said TROOP 746 LOVES Anaheim Angels.



Our seats were up in the nose bleed area but that was fine with us. In fact the girls thought it was more fun to sit up high and watch everyone down below us.



One of the mom's bought the girls the big #1 FAN hands.



Even though we were up super high and the players looked pretty small from our seats, the girls still enjoyed watching the game. They would cheer the players and jump and down when a good play was made.



The loved when the Angels struck out the other team.



After walking in the parade, eating tons of junk food, cheering loudly and sadly having the Angels lose the game, it was time to head home.

Tired but happy the girls all said they had a great time and would remember this night for a long, long time.

Between keeping busy with the Girl Scouts and working on getting the Ghost and Legends Tours up and running, I've not been to good on keeping up with my blog. I'm sorry about that.

I do have lots to share with you and will try to be better at posting more often.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Kimberly Kay said...

How fun!! We wanted to go, but we had a campout last weekend...32 girls and NO bickering with each other...amazing!
Looks like they have a blast! Thanks for the update!(my blog is in desperate need of it!) Go girl scouts!

Rach said...

How exciting for them! Looks like a great time.

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! I was a Girl Scout back in the good old days. Always loved the outings.

Irma :)

Kathleen said...

I was wondering where you have been!
Looks like that had a great time. I am glad you are enjoying your troop!
Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Guinevere said...

I found your blog while looking up banners for angel baseball night, where did you have your banner done and how did you get the okay to use the girl scout logo? I would like to have a banner made for my girl scout troop.
Thank you for your help.